Event Date: July 18, 2013
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Fed Gold Tour at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Sponsored by the Tepper School of Business New York City Alumni Chapter
In Manhattan nearly 7,000 metric tons of gold bullion ($335 billion as of April 2011) rests on bedrock five stories underground, 30 feet below the city's subway system, inside the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's vault. This vault contains about 25 percent of the world's gold reserves and more gold than Fort Knox. Learn about the role of the New York Fed and the wider Federal Reserve System in setting monetary policy, promoting financial stability, and serving communities to advance economic growth.
Tepper School summer interns, current students and alumni are invited to join us for a special Fed Gold Tour at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The tour includes a brief overview of the Federal Reserve System, a short video about the cash processing facility, a guided tour of the gold vault, and admission to the banks museum.
Register online. The tour is limited to 20 persons. You must arrive at the Federal Reserve by 2:30 pm with a government issued ID (i.e. driver's license, passport) to ensure that the tour begins on schedule. For those of you who can come earlier, take a self-guided visit of the Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to learn about the central banking functions through an interactive, multimedia exhibit that allows visitors to participate in a monetary policy simulation and to learn about the Fed's role in the economy.
Visitors must enter the building at 44 Maiden Lane.
· Visitors are required to bring a printed copy of their visitor ticket and a government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license or passport. The name on the ID and visitor's ticket must match.
· All visitors to the Bank should be at least 16 years old; content covered in the tour is
· All visitors and bags are subject to security screening.
· Limit the number of belongings you bring to the museum; bag storage is not available.
· Taking pictures or videos is not allowed in any part of the building.
Register online. $10 per person fee is applicable.
Directions: Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 44 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10045